Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The classic appetizer!
- 24 medium fresh button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup scallions or 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning (storebought, or recipe as follows)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced capers
- 1 tablespoon fine breadcrumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup dried basil
- 1 cup dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup oregano
- 1⁄2 cup dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 cup dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup instant minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- Wash, dry and stem mushrooms.
- Mince stems.
- Heat olive oil in skillet; add mushroom stems, scallions or onion, garlic and green pepper.
- Saute, stirring for 5 minutes.
- Mix in parsley, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, cheese, capers and bread crumbs.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat egg yolk with 1 teapsoon water and add to stuffing, mixing well.
- Stuff mushrooms, place on oiled baking sheet and bake in a preheated 375-degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Blend ingredients thoroughly, store in airtight container.
Tastes great, but really quite a bit of work. We kind of underestimated the amount of work, so it took a while...
I have to agree and say these are ALOT of work...should have thought of the food processor. Very good...I served at a Christmas party and got lots of compliments...but too much work!
Very tasty - a refreshing change from cheese or seafood stuffed mushrooms! I used my food processor to do all the prep work early in the day & refrigerated until needed. Thanx s'kat!