Recipe by Chef Kiddle
About 20 something years ago, my Italian friends and I were cooking up a bunch of Italian food and we just "threw" this together. This is one of the things I like to have at Christmas.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms (about 13)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (more if you need it)
- 1 fresh garlic clove, crushed
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash mushrooms. Remove stems. Chop the stems small and saute them in the olive oil. When they're soft, add the crushed garlic to the mushroom stems and continue to saute for about 30 seconds.
- Take mixture off the stove. Add salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, and the parmesan/romano. Mix well.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the mixture.
- Place on greased pan and bake at 425 degrees for 25 minute.