1/1 Photo of Italian Stuffed Meatloaf
Meatloaf gets flair with this moist, Italian flavored meatloaf stuffed with cheese, spinach, and roasted peppers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground sirloin (I also added 1/3 lb ground turkey breast)
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup tomato juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (I used shredded Mozzarella) or 4 ounces provolone cheese (I used shredded Mozzarella)
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach (I used chopped fresh)
- 1/2 cup red pepper, roasted, jarred, chopped (I roasted my own fresh with olive oil spray 10 min at 425 degrees)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine in large bowl: sirloin/turkey, egg, tomato juice, salt and pepper, garlic, oregano, onion.
- 3Put 1/2 mixture in 9x5x3 loaf pan coated with cooking spray. (I could only find 11x5x3 sorry!).
- 4Layer on Cheese, Spinach, Peppers.
- 5Cover with remaining meat mixture.
- 6Bake for 1 hr, until meatloaf is done.
- 7cool to room temp, wrap, freeze up to 3 months.
- 8remove from freezer, thaw.
- 9bake at 350 degrees for abt 20-30 min until heated through.
- 10OR, slice and re heat in microwave.
- 11can top with a bit of spaghetti sauce if desired.
- 12comes with frozen italian green beans and/or ww pasta :).
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Stuffed Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.1
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 116.2 mg
- Sodium 327.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 34.9 g