Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here's a mouth-watering, comfort food you can enjoy, even if you don't need comforting!And you get to pick your flavors! This is from a Quaker Oats advertisement.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup Quaker Oats, uncooked (either Quick or Old-fashioned)
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (or your own)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup sliced mushrooms or 1⁄3 cup sliced ripe olives or 1⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1⁄3 cup shredded zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- sliced ripe olives (for garnish)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 8-inch baking pan.
- Combine ground beef, oats, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, onion, Parmesan cheese, egg, Worcestershire and pepper; mix well.
- Separate mixture into 2 equal parts.
- Shape each into a patty about 7 inches in diameter.
- Place stuffing choices on one patty to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Top with remaining patty.
- Pinch sides together to enclose stuffing; smooth edges into rounded loaf.
- Place into pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until meat is done.
- Top loaf with 1 cup spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Garnish with olives and serve with remaining sauce.
- Microwave Oven Directions:.
- Prepare meat loaf as directed above.
- Place loaf into greased glass pie plate.
- Cover with wax paper; microwave at HIGH 8 minutes, turning plate 1/2 turn after 4 minutes.
- Spoon 1 cup spaghetti sauce over loaf.
- Microwave at HIGH 2 to 4 minutes, uncovered.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
Very tasty! We had this for a small dinner party. I made recipe as is, however used 1 1/2 lbs of very lean ground sirloin. I did add 3 cloves of minced garlic -- it's Italian after all! :) I would probably cut back the amount of pepper to 1/2 teaspoon as 1 is a little overpowering, otherwise a delicious recipe! Thank you for posting! Made for My 3 Chefs 2008