Recipe by KelBel
From Guy's Big Bite on the food network. Three cheeses and sweet Italian sausage stuffed in jalapenos and baked. YUM!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
excellent, made as stated, I used 4 large clove garlic and also added in some Tabasco sauce, I would suggest to bake this on the second-lowest rack to prevent the jalapenos from burning on the bottom (made For KelBel's cookathon in honor of Eric)
- 15 jalapenos, cut in 1/2, seeded and deveined
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 lbs mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 cups mascarpone
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place jalapenos on a sheet tray and roast for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Heat the oil in a medium saute pan. Add onions, peppers, garlic and sausage and cook for about 2 minutes. Remove and place in a large bowl. Cool to room temperature, then add mascarpone, mozzarella and Parmesan. Mix ingredients thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon of mixture into each jalapeno half.
- Place the sheet tray of stuffed peppers in oven and bake for 5 minutes.