1/2 Photos of Italian Stuffed Chicken Breast With a Marsala Sauce
1 hr 5 mins
The Flying Chef's Note:
Yet another experiment and another success I am pleased to say. This is very easy to do and tastes delicious, the only fiddly thing is tying it with the kitchen string and I hate that anyway. Well actually that’s not entirely true, it is more if I am stuffing something with cheese as you have to get the string as tight as possible to stop the cheese from melting out. Anyway enough about kitchen string and more about the dish. Feel free to serve it anyway you want I served mine over celeriac mash which was a really lovely accompaniment, but regular mash would be fine, or just vegetables if that is what you are in the mood for. I only made this for 2 so I hope I have guessed right on the amount of cheese, please adjust if this is not enough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts
- 5 -6 tablespoons Appenzeller cheese
- 5 -6 tablespoons gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (All 3 cheeses should make a cupful maybe a little over, that should be enough for the 4 breasts.)
- 8 sage leaves, 2 per breast
- 4 -8 slices prosciutto (I have said this, as if they are quite wide slices, 1 per breast and if they are thin slices, you wi)
- 1Pound chicken with a meat mallet until it is close to the same thickness all over about 1/4 inch.
- 2Lay a slice of prosciutto over breast, 2 if they are thin, top with two sage leaves, laying them top to bottom down the centre of the breast. Distribute cheese equally among the breasts again lay it top to bottom down the centre of the breast.
- 3Fold breast over to join, secure with kitchen string at close intervals, tying as tightly as you can, to prevent cheese from melting out of the chicken breast during cooking.
- 4Heat a small amount of olive oil in a pan, add chicken breasts and brown on both sides to give the breast a nice rich colour.
- 5Transfer breasts to an ovenproof dish and finish cooking in a pre-heated oven 180c. It will take about 30-40 Min’s depending in the size of the breasts.
- 7Add 1 cup of Marsala, 2 teaspoons chicken stock, heat through, add 1/2 cup reduced fat cream and the double cream, mix a little water with the cornflour add a little at a time, to thicken, add pepper to taste and stir in tarragon.
- 8To serve: Place a couple of spoonfuls of mash on a plate, slice chicken, and arrange over the top drizzle sauce over.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Stuffed Chicken Breast With a Marsala Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 710.7
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 164.9 mg
- Sodium 772.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 35.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: