1/2 Photos of Italian Stuffed Chicken Breast
Mimi in Maine's Note:
I got this recipe from a book that was at the check-out line at the grocery store. I leaf through them while waiting and if there are more than four good-looking recipes, I buy it. If not, I leave it. They can get expensive. Anyway, this is a tasty one. Serve it with my Lemon Pasta and it makes a great meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag.
- 2Place the chicken between two pieces of wax paper and pound the chicken to flatten a little.
- 3Add this to the bag of crumbs and shake to coat.
- 4In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown the chicken in the oil.
- 5Remove from skillet.
- 6Place half of a cheese slice and two tablespoons of spinach (squeezed dry) down the center of each piece of chicken.
- 7Fold chicken over the filling and secure with a toothpick.
- 8Place in a greased 9-inch square baking dish.
- 9Top with spaghetti sauce and bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until heated.
- 10Discard toothpick and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Stuffed Chicken Breast
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.2
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 105.9 mg
- Sodium 680.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 40.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
meatless spaghetti sauce