Recipe by soxfan28
This is another Kraft recipe that I've tweaked to our liking. This recipe has chopped zucchini, which I didn't see in any of the other stuffed pepper recipes. These also freeze very well and are even better the 2nd day.
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute brown rice, uncooked
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 large bell peppers (green, yellow or red)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring 1 1/2 cups of the water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown ground sirloin and Italian seasoning.
- Once meat is browned, add in chopped zucchini, 1 cup of spaghetti sauce, 1 cup of cheese, and the cooked rice. Stir well.
- Clean and cut peppers in half, removing seeds. Place into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Spoon the meat mixture into peppers.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Add 1/2 cup water to the bottom of the dish, cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes.