Recipe by Stephie Biggs
A tasty twist on ground beef stuffed bell peppers. You won't believe how simple but GOOD these are. The red peppers (to us) are the best.
- 3 -4 bell peppers, cut in half and seeded (red, green or yellow)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) jarof your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups French-fried onions, divided
- 1⁄4 cup sliced or chopped black olives
- 1 cup shredded cheese, any kind
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in large skillet and drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, rice, 3/4 cup onions, olives and hot sauce.
- Stuff each pepper until meat sauce gone.
- Place cut side up in lined 13x9 inch pan.
- Bake covered for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Top with the rest of fried onions, then shredded cheese.
- Return to oven, uncovered, and bake until golden brown and cheese melted,~5 more minutes.