Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like the Italian flavors of these peppers
Make and share this Italian Stuffed Beef & Sausage Bell Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 8 large green peppers, cut lengthwise and cleaned out
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- Saute beef, sausage and onion until browned.
- Add garlic and saute 3 minutes Drain fat. Add tomatoes and seasonings.
- Simmer to bring out flavors.
- Add rice.
- Stuff peppers.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a casserole with some tomato sauce underneath peppers at 350 deg. for 30 to 40 minute until peppers are tender.
Good basic stuffed pepper with an Italian twist. I made exactly as indicated. Next time, think I'll do a couple of things different-- add an egg to bind the stuffing mixture and not add the cheese until the last 10 minutes--may need to "tent" with foil to keep from browning the meat even more. Made for PAC Fall 08.