1/1 Photo of Italian Stuffed Beef & Sausage Bell Peppers
Denver cook's Note:
I like the Italian flavors of these peppers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 large green peppers, cut lengthwise and cleaned out
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1Saute beef, sausage and onion until browned.
- 2Add garlic and saute 3 minutes Drain fat. Add tomatoes and seasonings.
- 3Simmer to bring out flavors.
- 4Add rice.
- 5Stuff peppers.
- 6Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- 7Bake in a casserole with some tomato sauce underneath peppers at 350 deg. for 30 to 40 minute until peppers are tender.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Stuffed Beef & Sausage Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.0
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 81.9 mg
- Sodium 1104.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: