1/6 Photos of Italian Stuffed Acorn Squash-Crock Pot
4 hrs 15 mins
Delicious squash combined with nutty rice and tangy goat cheese is a healthy delight, providing a hefty dose of fiber, vitamins A and C, and a little calcium. Serve whole or cut into wedges. This is from Delicious Living magazine, which I get from my health food store. Any good winter squash can be used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large acorn squash, halved and seeded
- olive oil
- 236.59 ml water
- 118.29 ml wild rice
- 59.14 ml raw pumpkin seeds (I have used sunflower seeds too) or 59.14 ml pine nuts (I have used sunflower seeds too)
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.62 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 236.59 ml vegetable broth
- 59.14 ml crumbled goat cheese or 59.14 ml feta cheese
- 1Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds.
- 2Brush squash halves with olive oil and place in slow cooker (slice off bottoms to level, if necessary).
- 3Pour 1 cup water into the cooker, around (not into) squash.
- 4In a small bowl, combine wild rice blend, pumpkin seeds or pine nuts, minced garlic, tomato paste, salt, pepper, and spices; stir until well-mixed.
- 5Stuff rice mixture into each squash half.
- 6Slowly pour about 1/2 cup vegetable broth into each squash cavity until full (don't let stuffing overflow).
- 7Pour any remaining broth around squash.
- 8Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- 9Just prior to serving, sprinkle with crumbled cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Stuffed Acorn Squash-Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.0
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 660.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: