1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 25 mins
We have this every Christmas morning. Needs to be made the day before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large skillet, cook sausage, drain.
- 2Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- 3Cut bread into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 4In a large bowl, combine sausage, bread and mushrooms.
- 5Put in prepared pan.
- 6In same large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and seasonings.
- 7Pour over bread mixture.
- 8Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 9In the morning, preheat oven to 350°F.
- 10Bake uncovered 1 hour. Sprinkle evenly with cheeses.
- 11Bake 15 minutes longer.
- 12Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Strata
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.8
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 163.9 mg
- Sodium 770.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: