Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 25 mins
We have this every Christmas morning. Needs to be made the day before serving.
Make and share this Italian Strata recipe from Food.com.
- In large skillet, cook sausage, drain.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Cut bread into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage, bread and mushrooms.
- Put in prepared pan.
- In same large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and seasonings.
- Pour over bread mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour. Sprinkle evenly with cheeses.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.