- 5 cups chicken stock or 5 cups canned chicken broth
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan bring stock to a boil over moderate heat.
- In a bowl beat together the eggs, Parmesan and parsley.
- Reduce the heat to low and drizzle egg misxture into stock, gently stirring.
- Simmer, stirring, just until eggs are set.
- Season with salt and pepper. Because the parmesan cheese tends to be salty, I would eliminate the additional salt until soup is ready. Taste for flavour and then add salt as required.