Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
This is a tasty throw together dish that even picky kids like.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
I like Boomettes use of an Italian sausage recipe (saved), I used chorizo and it worked well, but I'd like to try the actual sausage (which we don't get here). I also liked the use of canned tomatoes, although I used fresh. I also used 2 small zucchini, and added a handful of sliced mushrooms, and plenty of fresh basil. I used the garlic ;) This made a quick and easy dinner, which we all enjoyed. Thanks for a good recipe, Buggsy, made for Oz/NZ Christamas recipe tag game.
- 1 lb Italian sausage (I like to use hot)
- 2 cups penne pasta
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 -4 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile in a stir-fry pan or large skillet heat olive oil. Crumble and cook Italian sausage until almost done.
- Add garlic, zucchini and onion; stir-fry 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, parsley, basil and the rest of the seasonings. Stir-fry an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in pasta. You could also plate the pasta and just serve the stir-fry over the top if desired.
- Top with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.