A very dense cake that has a distinct tomato flavour and the addition of spices gives it a good accent that adds to the taste of this vegetable cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour a 13" by 9" by 2" baking pan
- Assemble dry ingredients in a medium size bowl and put aside
- Pour stewed tomatoes, sugar and eggs in a large bowl and mix with a hand mixer on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and use mixer on medium speed for 4 minutes until nice and creamy smooth.
- Stir in carrots and coat completely into batter
- Pour batter into pan and put in oven for 30 minutes or until cake tests done
- Pour into greased and floured cake pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- If desired ice cake when cooled.