Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Something I created to throw together quickly. Pretty easy and yummy with bread or pasta.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 eggplant, chopped into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans
- italian seasoning
- crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh basil
- heat the olive oil in a large sauce pan and add the garlic and onion and saute until golden.
- Turn down heat, add the eggplant and broth and cook the eggplant until it is soft.
- Add the green pepper and cook a few minutes longer.
- Add the artichoke hearts, tomatoes, desired seasoning and simmer until warmed through and then a few minutes extra.
- Add the beans and cook a little longer, adjusting seasoning as needed.