Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
You'll need a bib for this one.
- 226.79-340.19 g shaved beef
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 78.07 ml hot italian pepper, chopped
- 113.39 g provolone cheese, sliced and divided into two portions
- olive oil
- 2 grinder rolls
- With a small amount of olive oil heated on medium high, saute mushrooms and onions until soft. Stir in peppers. Place in a bowl and keep warm.
- Divide shaved beef into two portions and shape generally into same shape as grinder roll.
- Meanwhile toast grinder rolls.
- In same skillet as mushrooms were cooked heat a little more olive oil. Place two meat portions in hot skillet and brown. Flip over and immediately place cheese on each meat portion. Heat until cheese is melted.
- Using spatula remove meat from skillet and place cheese side down in grinder rolls. Top with mushroom, onion, and pepper mixture.
- Can top sandwich with lettuce, tomato, mayo, etc.
The perfect sandwich to serve my father as it was chucked full of all his favorite things and dripped off his elbows (he has been know to say the best sandwiches drip off oneâ€™s elbows). The flavors are all well balanced with no one flavor over powering the other. These sandwiches are very large and very filling (could easily feed three). What a yummy lunch this was.