Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy and tasty sandwich to make on a cool evening or for entertaining. It's easy to make ahead of time and warm up later.
- 12 steak, ums
- 1 green pepper, cut in slices
- 1 small onion, cut in slices
- 1 can mushroom
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, cheeze
- 6 hoagie rolls
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Saute the green pepper, onion, and mushrooms in the melted butter.
- Add spaghetti sauce until the mixture is well coated and warm.
- In separate skillet, fry the Steak Ums.
- Be sure to drain the grease.
- Mix the Steak Ums and Sauce mixture together.
- Spoon onto a hoagie roll and top with mozarella cheese.
- Microwave to melt the cheese, if necessary.
Exactly what I was looking for. I scaled the recipe back alot, only using 2 steaks for my DH and I. Fried up half a sm. onion, 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 can of mushrooms and added about 1 1/2 cups of sauce. Used olive oil instead of butter. SO GOOD!
Very good! It really hit the spot! I will make this again for sure. Thanks!
This recipe was simply delicious. I found it a rather enjoyable alternative to steak and mashed potatoes. Instead of Steak-Umss (for those of us who can't find them or don't know what they are), thinly sliced steak can be substituted. Overall a very nice recipe. I'll be making this again... and again and again.