Recipe by LeAnne Conaway
This is an easy and tasty sandwich to make on a cool evening or for entertaining. It's easy to make ahead of time and warm up later.
Top Review by mommymakeit4u
Exactly what I was looking for. I scaled the recipe back alot, only using 2 steaks for my DH and I. Fried up half a sm. onion, 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 can of mushrooms and added about 1 1/2 cups of sauce. Used olive oil instead of butter. SO GOOD!
- 12 steak, ums
- 1 green pepper, cut in slices
- 1 small onion, cut in slices
- 1 can mushroom
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, cheeze
- 6 hoagie rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Saute the green pepper, onion, and mushrooms in the melted butter.
- Add spaghetti sauce until the mixture is well coated and warm.
- In separate skillet, fry the Steak Ums.
- Be sure to drain the grease.
- Mix the Steak Ums and Sauce mixture together.
- Spoon onto a hoagie roll and top with mozarella cheese.
- Microwave to melt the cheese, if necessary.