Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Farmer's Almanac
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chuck steaks
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup stuffed olives, sliced
- Brown meat in hot oil; remove to oven dish.
- Sauté mushrooms, garlic, onion and green pepper until soft.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour over steak.
- Cover tightly and bake 1 1/2 to 2 hours in 325º oven or until meat is very tender.
This is an excellant recipe. Very rich flavors
Very nice and easy dish. It has become a regular at our house.
Not bad. It was actually very easy to make and was well worth the minimal effort involved. I've made this 3 times and can easily see it as a regular dish.