1/2 Photos of Italian Sprinkle Cookies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder (plus 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 cup shortening, melted
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1Using a heavy-duty electric mixer on high speed, beat eggs until light and foamy, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- 2In another mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar and baking powder; gradually add shortening and extracts until a bead-like texture is formed.
- 3Gradually add beaten eggs (dough will be stiff).
- 4Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 5Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- 6The tops of the cookies will not brown, but the bottoms should brown slightly.
- 7For glaze, combine milk and extracts in a large bowl.
- 8Add sugar; whisk until all lumps are dissolved and the glaze is smooth.
- 9As soon as cookies are removed from the oven, quickly immerse two or three at a time into the glaze. Remove with a slotted spoon or fingers.
- 10Place cookies on wire racks to drain.
- 11Quickly top with sprinkles.
- 12Let dry 24 hours before storing in airtight containers.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sprinkle Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (2001 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.6
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 37.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 1.4 g