1/2 Photos of Italian Sprinkle Cookies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large eggs
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder (plus 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 cup shortening, melted
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1Using a heavy-duty electric mixer on high speed, beat eggs until light and foamy, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- 2In another mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar and baking powder; gradually add shortening and extracts until a bead-like texture is formed.
- 3Gradually add beaten eggs (dough will be stiff).
- 4Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 5Bake at 350° for 12 minutes.
- 6The tops of the cookies will not brown, but the bottoms should brown slightly.
- 7For glaze, combine milk and extracts in a large bowl.
- 8Add sugar; whisk until all lumps are dissolved and the glaze is smooth.
- 9As soon as cookies are removed from the oven, quickly immerse two or three at a time into the glaze. Remove with a slotted spoon or fingers.
- 10Place cookies on wire racks to drain.
- 11Quickly top with sprinkles.
- 12Let dry 24 hours before storing in airtight containers.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sprinkle Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (2001 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.6
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 37.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 1.4 g