Recipe by RawFood
This is an impressive, delicious and fun dish to get better acquainted with the delights of the raw food diet as described on my website: www.beautifulonraw.com This is an easy recipe to use substitutes if you don't have the exact ingredients on hand. For instance, try raw olives instead of pasteurized, dried herbs in place of fresh or yellow bell pepper instead of red. The possiblities are endless!
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1 cup pitted black olives, rinsed and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato
- 3 fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 Hass avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- If you have one of those handy kitchen gadgets known as a Spiralizer you will use it to make faux pasta from the zucchini. In the event that you don’t have one, you can grate or finely peel the zucchini lengthwise as a suitable substitute. Place zucchini ‘noodles’ in serving bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients, drizzle with olive oil, toss well and season to taste. Garnish with avocado slices and a few chunks of red pepper.
- Serves 2.