1/4 Photos of Italian Spinach Salad - Toh
From TOH Simple and Delicious Mar/April edition 2008. I'm saving this for a spring salad choice when baby spinach is in season locally. It looks very simple to put together. I'm really drawn to it by the warm dressing you use over the salads. Makes 8 salad plates/servings - so adjust as necessary. I've already made a few adjustments based on my personal preferences (cooked bacon over bacon bits, vidalia onion over red, and added the red peppers).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 8 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon, finely chopped (they said Bacon bits but I like only fresh)
- 1 small vidalia onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium red pepper, sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, snipped (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup seasoned croutons
- 1On eight salad plates, arrange the spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, eggs, bacon, onion, red pepper and dill (if desired).
- 2In a small saucepan, cook the salad dressing and sugar over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Drizzle over the prepared salad plates and then sprinkle the salads with croutons.
- 4Serve immediately!
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Spinach Salad - Toh
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.7
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.1 mg
- Sodium 779.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 3.4 g