Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This spinach dip is delicious, and very versatile. It's nice served in a hallowed out bread bowl, with the chunks of bread used for dipping. Also, the 1/2 cup of cheese in the recipe can be changed to suit your own taste. A nice sharp cheddar works very well, or a blend of Italian cheeses is great too: I used a blend of garlic jack, mozzarella and asiago which gave the dip a great flavor. And don't limit yourself to serving this cold. My brother, who does not care much for "cold" dips, zapped the left overs in the microwave and enjoyed it hot with whole wheat crackers.
- 1 cup sour cream, can use low-fat
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Italian salad dressing mix, dry
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- Mix sour cream and Italian dressing mix in a bowl until well combined Add spinach, cheese and red pepper and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for a couple hours until well chilled.