Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great pie for a luncheon or a light dinner that features ricotta and parmesan cheese. Add a salad and you're good to go. Serve hot.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- Heat butter in skillet and saute onion until tender.
- Drain spinach well in a sieve and press with a spoon to remove all the liquid.
- Combine spinach, onions, ricotta, parmesan cheese, eggs and seasonings and mix well.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.