1/4 Photos of Italian Spinach & Pasta Bake
Realtor by day, Chef by night's Note:
We love this served along side of several different chicken recipes that I make. It's cheesy and delicious. You can turn this into a main dish by doubling the recipe and adding 2 cups of cubed chicken, pork, meatballs, sausage, shrimp or whatever you like directly to it before baking. It's a very flexible dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced small
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup pecorino romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 3qt baking dish.
- 2Boil the water and cook the pasta according to package directions. DO NOT ever add oil to the water! It will make your sauce slide off the pasta later.
- 3Meanwhile heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the heavy cream, romano cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Whisk and cook until thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Add spinach.
- 5In a little bowl, mix the ricotta and the egg together and add this and the cooked pasta to the skillet. Toss to mix everything up and spoon into baking dish.
- 6Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle evenly with mozzarella and then a little paprika to give it a pretty color. Return to oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Spinach & Pasta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1004.2
- Calories from Fat 669
- Total Fat 74.4 g
- Saturated Fat 45.0 g
- Cholesterol 351.2 mg
- Sodium 452.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 33.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese