Recipe by Polar Bear
Easy to prepare and preserves all the flavor of spinach :) From the Nitty Gritty Italian Cookbook
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the spinach in several changes of cold water.
- DO NOT USE AN ALUMINUM POT AS IT PRODUCES A BITTER TASTE.
- Instead, place the clean spinach in a heavy.
- bottomed enamel pot with 1 tablespoon sweet butter and a tiny bit of salt.
- Cover and cook over high heat, turning it over from time to time.
- It is done when all the spinach is wilted.
- Drain, place in an old linen towel and squeeze out all the excess moisture.
- Chop the spinach, and place it in a heavy skillet over low heat with all the remaining butter.
- When the butter melts, gently toss the spinach to thoroughly butter it.
- Season very lightly.