Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We had a question for what do you do with excess spinach. I have often bought frozen spinach in the supermarket so why not do it yourself. Here it is!
- 3 -4 lbs fresh spinach, well washed,stems removed
- 3 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, slowly warm the olive oil and garlic until the garlic sizzles.
- Saute over low heat just until the garlic begins to color.
- Remove the garlic.
- Begin adding spinach to the pan, tossing to coat with oil and seasoning with salt& pepper as you go.
- As it cooks down, continue to add more until it is all cooked down.
- You may add the garlic back in, either as is or mashed, if you want to.
- Freeze in zipper bags.
This was very good! I used garlic olive oil in addition to the cloves of garlic. This was delicious and so easy ... and great to have on hand during the work week.
How has this gone without a review for so long! This was fast, easy and so yummy! I had some spinach in the fridge that would not have lasted over the weekend and we were going away! So simple! took less than 5 minutes from fridge to freezer bag! Thanks Tish!