Recipe by Tish
We had a question for what do you do with excess spinach. I have often bought frozen spinach in the supermarket so why not do it yourself. Here it is!
- 3 -4 lbs fresh spinach, well washed,stems removed
- 3 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, slowly warm the olive oil and garlic until the garlic sizzles.
- Saute over low heat just until the garlic begins to color.
- Remove the garlic.
- Begin adding spinach to the pan, tossing to coat with oil and seasoning with salt& pepper as you go.
- As it cooks down, continue to add more until it is all cooked down.
- You may add the garlic back in, either as is or mashed, if you want to.
- Freeze in zipper bags.