Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spinach layered with tomatoes and ricotta cheese.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, Ricotta, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/2 the spinach mixture in the bottom of 8x8 inch baking dish and top with 1 sliced tomato.
- Repeat layers and top with shredded cheeses.
- Bake 20 minutes.
A solid four stars, I would have liked to see maybe some eggs or something that would give the dish a little more substance. I topped mine with a healthy dose of cayenne pepper.
This was pretty good. It was easy and the flavor was good. The only problem I had was that it was more of a cheese dish than a spinach dish. It kind of took away from the spinach flavor for me. I also think I might leave out the tomatoes next time. Now, don't get me wrong, I am a huge cheese lover so this was good but it was more cheesy than spinachy. Thanks for the recipe!
This was very good and colorful. Any spinach eater will enjoy it. I think I might add a little Italian seasoning next time.