Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my favorite way to cook spinach.
- 1 (16 ounce) package spinach (frozen chopped)
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh spinach (alternatively)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, pressed (to taste, add more if you like)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese (Optional, it is good without it, or add more if you like. If you don't have the fresh grated, it is )
- Saute onion over high heat until just carmelized and tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until it cooks down(cook the water out).
- Add garlic and saute for another couple of minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.