Recipe by MadCity Dale
Considered for Festa Italian, 2013. Oops had to pull out but serious consideration for 2014. Used at Matthews Family Christmas 2016. These quanitys are 3x the original recipe from Iowagirleats.com (2014). Check Iowa Girl blog for original smaller serving size. (Test run, 01/27/41 10 soup bowls (my BD).(qty)
- 99.79 g italian ground sausage (2c)
- 49.89 g pork ground sausage (7/8 lb)
- 1 garlic cloves, minced (1tsp)
- 274.13 g tomato sauce (30oz)
- 176.33 g tomatoes, petite diced (15oz)
- 176.33 g baked beans, drain, rinsed, precooked
- 176.33 g black beans, drain, rinsed, precooked (30oz)
- 18.92 ml high cliff chili seasoning mix (1/4c)
- 0.29 ml liquid smoke
- 26.02 ml brown sugar, packed (1/3c, maple syrup)
- 104.05 ml hermsdorf farm sweet corn (2 1/2c)
- 0 to taste vegetable oil
- 0 to taste rice vinegar
- 0 to taste cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, sour cream, cilantro, parsley, oyster crackers or 0 to taste tortilla chips, BBQ corn ears
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large crock pot or Nesco, brown meat in veggie oil & rice vinegar over medium heat until no pink remains.
- Add garlic, liquid smoke, 1/3 of high cliff camp seasoning, to meat. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and tomatoe sauce.
- Increase heat to 400 degrees boil, add beans and 1/3 more of spices to mixture, stirring often, for 1 1/2 hours.
- Last 1/2 hour before finished ADD; sweet corn and brown sugar, rest of spices, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 1/2 hour. Stir occasionally.
- Add sugar and/or salt to adjust taste. Serve with garnishes potluck.