Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Italian Spanish Rice casserole uses up leftovers from other meals fast. Can microwave in a hurry. May make ahead then put in fridge with a lid to heat when you get ready. I threw it together when needed to use up leftovers
- rice (that you previously cooked for example minute rice or from another meal that is leftover)
- 0.5 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup
- 1 lb cooked crumbled lean hamburger
- chopped fresh onions or chopped dehydrated onion
- tomato sauce (leftovers if possible) or spaghetti sauce (leftovers if possible) or taco sauce (leftovers if possible)
- canned corn or frozen corn, drained
- canned mushroom, drained
- fresh cooked drained bacon (save the drippings)
- shredded cheese
- Mix the rice and tomato sauce together place in a microwave safe casserole.
- Take the hamburger that is mixed with a little bacon drippings (this is ok because the hamburger was 90% lean).
- Layer the meat in next.
- Layer in the corn then layer the mushrooms.
- Then the corn then the bacon for flavor and decoration.
- Now the shredded cheese.
- Microwave on high 5 minutes or so until heated through and the cheese is melted.
- This sounds strange, so if you are a health nut remember that the hamburger was 90% lean and the bacon is for garnish so there is only a little (do not use bacon bits). Did you know you can also add chili beans as a layer if you want. The 1/2 envelope of onion soup might be used to add flavor to the tomato sauce if the sauce is a variety that is boring or bland. Use a little and taste to see if you want to add more or use none if not needed.
may put into an oven safe cassorolee at 350 fahranheit for 20 to 30 minutes to warm thru and melt cheese if you wish. ,rnbarbaja w.