Recipe by barbaja w.
Italian Spanish Rice casserole uses up leftovers from other meals fast. Can microwave in a hurry. May make ahead then put in fridge with a lid to heat when you get ready. I threw it together when needed to use up leftovers
- rice (that you previously cooked for example minute rice or from another meal that is leftover)
- 0.5 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup
- 1 lb cooked crumbled lean hamburger
- chopped fresh onions or chopped dehydrated onion
- tomato sauce (leftovers if possible) or spaghetti sauce (leftovers if possible) or taco sauce (leftovers if possible)
- canned corn or frozen corn, drained
- canned mushroom, drained
- fresh cooked drained bacon (save the drippings)
- shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the rice and tomato sauce together place in a microwave safe casserole.
- Take the hamburger that is mixed with a little bacon drippings (this is ok because the hamburger was 90% lean).
- Layer the meat in next.
- Layer in the corn then layer the mushrooms.
- Then the corn then the bacon for flavor and decoration.
- Now the shredded cheese.
- Microwave on high 5 minutes or so until heated through and the cheese is melted.
- This sounds strange, so if you are a health nut remember that the hamburger was 90% lean and the bacon is for garnish so there is only a little (do not use bacon bits). Did you know you can also add chili beans as a layer if you want. The 1/2 envelope of onion soup might be used to add flavor to the tomato sauce if the sauce is a variety that is boring or bland. Use a little and taste to see if you want to add more or use none if not needed.