Recipe by Ridgely
A pasta dish made with fresh, ripe tomatoes, butter, garlic and parmesan cheese. I believe this recipe has made it in to my top ten all time favorites- excellent! I found this recipe in my "recipes to try" folder or I should say filing cabinet....so many recipes so little time.
- 1 (16 ounce) box angel hair pasta or 1 (16 ounce) box vermicelli
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine (I used only 4T.-trying to be good)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large skillet melt the butter.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic to the butter and saute for about 5 minutes Add the grated cheese and lightly smash the tomatoes with a potato masher.
- Cook the tomato mixture til heated through.
- When the pasta is done, drain and add it to the sauce and simmer for about another 3-5 minutes.