Recipe by Momma Jenny
Here's a great recipe from my sister-in-law. She makes it for us everytime we go up to visit. It is so great to come in from a full day of sight-seeing to a house that smells so good! Now when I make it I freeze the extra for easy leftovers.
Top Review by David M.
I followed the recipe using one pound of mild sausage and a pound if ground beef. I did not put mushrooms in it either. My wife and I thought it was incredible. We have plenty of sauce left over and will use it for dipping and possibly as a base sauce for pizza.
- 2 lbs sausage or 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 medium onions, chopped (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes