Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This sauce is absolutely delicious! It's made with 2 envelopes of "spaghetti sauce with mushrooms".
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (12 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 (3 7/8 ounce) canspitted and sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) envelopesitalian-style spaghetti sauce mix, with mushrooms
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- In large, heavy pot, cook ground beef, onion and green pepper, stirring regularly, until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover; simmer 1 1/2 hours, stirring sauce regularly.
- Serve over hot pasta topped with grated cheese.