1/1 Photo of Italian Spaghetti Meat Sauce
2 hrs 20 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked,drained
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1 medium chopped bell pepper (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, un drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme, crushed
- 1 teaspoon basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram, crushed
- 1/8 pinch rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice concentrate
- to taste brown sugar, to taste
- 1Heat olive oil in a heavy sauce pan.
- 2Sauté garlic and onion, until onion is transparent.
- 3Then add bay leaf, ground meat, cook until meat is no longer pink.
- 4Stir in diced tomatoes, water and tomato paste, tomato sauce.
- 5Add all the spices and then lemon juice.
- 6Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer, uncovered for 1 to 2 hours or til sauce is desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- 7Remove bay leaf and then add brown sugar to taste.
- 8Note: If you use ground turkey use two beef cubes or two teaspoons of beef soup base (use no salt).
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Spaghetti Meat Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.6
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 1003.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 17.0 g