1/1 Photo of Italian Soup With Dill
3 hrs 30 mins
Hearty Italian soup , with a surprise ingredient. Chopped dill pickle! If you can't find a 15 oz can of beef broth , don't sweat it! Use a 14.5 if that's what you find. Soup is very forgiving!! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Italian sausage, browned (I only use 1/2 pound)
- 1 (15 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes (or chunked)
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 45 ounces beef broth
- 1 cup mushroom, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced (any color will do)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cheese tortellini
- 1 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 1In a dutch oven , fry your sausage until no longer pink.
- 2Add Italian tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, mushrooms, pepper, onion, and garlic.
- 3Simmer, on low ,for approx 2 hours.
- 4Add cheese tortellini and chopped dill pickle.
- 5Simmer, on low, an additional hour and a half or longer. (the longer the better!).
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Soup With Dill
Serving Size: 1 (747 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.1
- Calories from Fat 313
- Total Fat 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 67.9 mg
- Sodium 5061.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 33.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: