Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very good soup accompaniment.
- 4 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch allspice or 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 4 -6 eggs
- chicken soup
- Combine everything except eggs & soup, & mix well,.
- Add four eggs, if they are not enoughto make a firm mixture, add one or two more.
- If mixture becomes very moist, add more breadcrumbs.
- You should have a firm, not too sticky, wet dough.
- Pinch off walnut-size pieces, & roll between palms of hands to the size & thickness of a pencil.
- Drop them in clear boiling chicken broth, & cook over medium flame for 20 minutes.
- Stir gently during boiling. Serve hot.