Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm not sure how the name came about...but they do like bones after they are cooked! These are a plan-ahead cookie, they need to sit overnight, prep time does not include this step.
- 2 (1 lb) boxes powdered sugar
- 1 (1 lb) box flour (use sugar box to measure)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- Make hole in flour in a large bowl.
- Add baking powder and cinnamon to flour.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Beat eggs; put in flour.
- Add a little water at a time, not too much water or the dough will be sticky.
- Roll in large balls, then roll into long 'bones'.
- Cut bones into 1 inch pieces in length.
- Put onto cookie sheets (covered with parchment paper) overnight.
- In morning, separate about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes.