katie in the UP's Note:
I'm not sure how the name came about...but they do like bones after they are cooked! These are a plan-ahead cookie, they need to sit overnight, prep time does not include this step.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make hole in flour in a large bowl.
- 2Add baking powder and cinnamon to flour.
- 3Add powdered sugar.
- 4Beat eggs; put in flour.
- 5Add a little water at a time, not too much water or the dough will be sticky.
- 6Roll in large balls, then roll into long 'bones'.
- 7Cut bones into 1 inch pieces in length.
- 8Put onto cookie sheets (covered with parchment paper) overnight.
- 9In morning, separate about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- 10Bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Soft Dead Man's Bones
Serving Size: 1 (1573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 10.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 0.7 g