Recipe by NorCal Mom
A baked snapper dish with fresh marinara--easy to prepare, clean flavors, low in fat Serves well over pasta with a green salad and bread.
- 3 large boneless red snapper fillets
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 medium sized green pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 medium sized white onion, diced
- salt & pepper
- garlic salt
- italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- pat dry filets, season with salt and pepper. Spray a baking dish with canola oil. Spread evenly about 1/2 cup of the marinara. Sprinkle diced peppers and onions. Layer snapper filets on top. Spread remaining marinara evenly over the filets to cover. Sprinkle to taste garlic salt and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle top with parmesan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (sauce will be bubbly and parmesan will be lightly browned).
- Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes and serve.