Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Michael Chiarello made these on his show, Campground Cookout. We just loved them, you will too! keep away from the kids, made with red wine! Cooks Notes: Use your judgment on the chocolate! More, less...up to you! Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: Italy.
- 3 (10 ounce) bars semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups best-quality chocolate syrup
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 10 -12 marshmallows, roasted
- 15 -20 biscotti
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, mix solid chocolate, chocolate sauce and Cabernet. Mix well.
- Place 1 roasted marshmallow on a piece of biscotti.
- Top with as much chocolate Cabernet sauce as desired (1 to 2 tablespoons), or just dip it into the sauce.
I thought this was a very rich but good treat. And just to clear something up on behalf of all the chemists out there...alcohol has a much lower boiling point than water, therefore after it reaches 78 degrees C all the alcohol has evaporated and all that you taste is the flavor left behind. Sooo, If the title for Italian S'mores included everyone, I would definetly give it a 5.
Rich, wine tinged chocolate desert served on a crunchy biscuit. Hubby was the only person in our house who tried this recipe (too much alcohol for me) and he really enjoyed it he said that all the flavours were very pronounced and he was happy to have another serving. Thank you kiwidutch you helped a chocoholic attain his chocolate fix.