Recipe by kiwidutch
Michael Chiarello made these on his show, Campground Cookout. We just loved them, you will too! keep away from the kids, made with red wine! Cooks Notes: Use your judgment on the chocolate! More, less...up to you! Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: Italy.
Top Review by mommy'n'JJ
I thought this was a very rich but good treat. And just to clear something up on behalf of all the chemists out there...alcohol has a much lower boiling point than water, therefore after it reaches 78 degrees C all the alcohol has evaporated and all that you taste is the flavor left behind. Sooo, If the title for Italian S'mores included everyone, I would definetly give it a 5.
- 3 (10 ounce) bars semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups best-quality chocolate syrup
- 1 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 10 -12 marshmallows, roasted
- 15 -20 biscotti
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, mix solid chocolate, chocolate sauce and Cabernet. Mix well.
- Place 1 roasted marshmallow on a piece of biscotti.
- Top with as much chocolate Cabernet sauce as desired (1 to 2 tablespoons), or just dip it into the sauce.