Prep 7 mins
Cook 30 mins
Awesome flavors with all my favorite ingredients. This came from the Hillshirefarm.com website, and it fills the bill as a wonderful comfort food, especially on cool days. Enjoy!
- 1 (1 lb) packagehillshire farm smoked sausage, sliced (any variety)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1 cup pasta shells
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (18 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- In large deep skillet or Dutch oven, over medium-high heat, brown sausage and onions in oil, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with their juice, water, pasta, and boullion.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add beans.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until pasta is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.
My favorite style of recipe, one that I can play with! I added 2 huge, panfried (leftover) chicken breasts, cut into cubes, 4 small fresh sweet peppers, chicken broth, a can of italian stewed tomatoes, tomato juice (it was in the fridge, what's a girl to do?) and a teaspoon of minced garlic from the jar. Sweated the onion with the keilbasa and deglazed the pan with with a split (glass) of brut champagne. Tossed everything in the crock pot for about 3 hours. Just enough broth to almost cover. Awesome... I have a very happy roommate.
This soup was quick and easy to put together. I was looking for something flavorful and quick to warm us up since our temps have gotten very chilly in the past few days. I gave my hubby a sample to check the seasoning and he said it was very tasty. I used what I had on hand, so the only changes were crushed tomatoes instead of chopped and a combo of a mild and a hot link smoked sausage. Just what I was looking for;))) Thanks for sharing this one Shelly S.!!!
Thoroughly enjoyed this recipe. I was amazed at how flavorful it was considering the relatively few ingredients. Thanks for sharing this, I will absolutely be making this again in the future. Highly recommend it.