Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A hearty, sloppy, filling sandwich.
Make and share this Italian Sloppy Joes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 lb bulk hot Italian sausage
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- salt and pepper
- 8 -10 submarine rolls, split
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat, cook sausage, garlic, green pepper, and onion until the sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the tomato sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup onto each roll; sprinkle with cheese.