Recipe by *OzMan*
Why buy convenience foods when it's so easy to make your own one-dish macaroni-hamburger meal? Quick and easy. Adjust seasonings to your taste. Adapted from "Fast & Easy Cooking" by Johanna Burkhard.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce or 1 1⁄2 cups prepared pasta sauce (I use Italian tomato sauce)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth or 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth (more if required)
- 1 cup macaroni
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in cubes or 1 can green beans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick frying pan, brown ground beef.
- Add onion, garlic and basil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add macaroni.
- Reduce heat, cover and allow to cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini or green beans.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-10 minutes or until macaroni and zucchini are tender.
- If needed, add more broth.