Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick, easy and delicious!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over med to high heat. Add onion, carrot, and celery; Cook until they begin to soften.
- Add chicken to the veggies and cook until opaque, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper; Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 10-12 minutes.
Delicious and simple. I added one more can of tomatoes and a splash of wine. I also added a bit of heat with some crushed red pepper. Thanks for posting!
Made for ZWTIII. This was easy to prepare with a nice flavor. I added in some garlic powder for additional taste.
A tasty and quick meal to make - we both loved this! I think, and this is personal taste, I will omit the celery next time, everything else worked extremely well though! I used chicken pieces instead of breasts, and they cooked beautifully, although I did adjust the cooking time and add them first to brown. An easy lunch time meal - thanks! Made for ZWT3.