Recipe by AngelaTN
This is a weeknight favorite in our family. Very tasty, very hearty, and very easy to prepare. Serve with garlic bread and salad for a complete meal.
Top Review by vrvrvr
Deeeeelicious! I used one less tablespoon breadcrumbs, and (like others) I used pasta sauce instead of plain tomato sauce. Served this over egg noddles with peas and toasted croissants - the table is favorably impressed with this winner! Perfect for a chilly December night, Christmas music playing in the background and good homey fare on the plate. Thanks Angela TN!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 6 tablespoons Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- hot cooked spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together beef, breadcrumbs, oregano, parmesan cheese, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and egg.
- Form mixture into 4 patties.
- Brown in skillet approximately 2 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Mix together tomato sauce and italian seasoning.
- Pour over patties.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked spaghetti.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese, if desired.