Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These little babies are great picnic fare! We really enjoy them, and they are easy to make as well as transport.
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- 16 (4 inch) genoa salami, slices
- 1 (14 ounce) cansmall artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) jarlarge pitted Spanish olives, drained
- 16 (6 ounce) wood skewers
- 1 (16 ounce) bottlebalsamic basil vinaigrette (Ken's Steak House brand is what I use)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cut cheese evenly into 16 cubes. Wrap salami slices around cheese cubes. Thread cubes,artichoke hearts,tomatoes,and olives alternatively on skewers. Place skewers in large plastic container or baking dish.
- Stir together vinaigrette and lemon juice. Pour over skewers;cover tightly and chill for 8 hours. Remove skewers from marinade,discarding marinade before serving.
- If wanted you can double the cheese, and wrap in Prosciutto. Also can add mushrooms.