Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taken from the "30 Meals in 30 Minutes" - Beef It's What's for Dinner booklet. States it's a 30 minute stew. Haven't tried it yet, so I can't confirm.
- 1 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, 1 inch thick
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Cut beef steak into 1/4 inch thick strips; cut each strip into 1 inch pieces.
- Combine garlic with one tablespoon oil; stir into beef and reserve.
- Saute onion in remaining oil in large saucepan 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with basil and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, beef broth and zucchini.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook and stir beef 1 to 2 minutes; add to sauce.
- Stir 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablesppons water into stew and cook until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese if desired.
- Serve immediately.